Skip to content
Skip to main menu
ASEE-IED annually awards exceptional individuals in the Industrial Engineering Education area.
2016 IE Division Best Paper Award:
- “Industrial Engineering Students’ Perceptions of the Logistics and Supply Chain Industry,”
- Christina R Scherrer, Michael Maloni, Elizabeth M Boyd, and Stacy M Campbell, Kennesaw State University
- New Attendee Travel Grant Philip Appiah-Kubi, University of Dayton.
2015 – IE Division Best Paper Award:
- “Use of Self-regulated Learning Strategies by Second-year Industrial Engineering Students,”
- Ms. Justine M. Chasmar, Dr. Brian J. Melloy, and Dr. Lisa Benson (Clemson University)
2014 – IE Division Best Paper Award:
- “Project Management Learning Takes Flight,”
- Miss Victoria Townsend and Dr. (Ruth) Jill Urbanic P.Eng., (University of Windsor)
2013 – No paper selected (change in date of award)
2012 – Best Division Paper:
- “Integrating Project Management & Lean-Six Sigma Methodologies in an Industrial Engineering Capstone Course,”
- Ana Vila-Parrish and Dianne Raubenheimer
2012 – New IE Educator Outstanding Paper Award:
- Two awards (from the 2011 conference)
- Paper #1 – “Experiences while incorporating sustainability engineering into the industrial engineering curricula.”
- Heidi A. Taboada and Jose F. Esperitu
- Paper #2 – “Using Social Networking Game To Teach Operations Research and Management Science Fundamental Concepts.”
- Elizabeth Cudney, Ivan Guardiola, and Susan Murray
2012 – IE Distinguished Service Award: Kim LaScola Needy
2011 – IE Division Best Paper Award: “Design projects with out-of-town companies.“
2010 – IE Division Lifetime Achievement Award: Jane Fraser
2010 – IE Division New Industrial Engineering Educator
- Outstanding Paper Award: Cynthia Forgie, Marco Lara Gracia, and MT Morris, “A Service Learning Case Study: An Efficiency Study of a Metropolitan Bus Transit System.”
2010 – IE Division Best Paper Award:
- Laura Ruff and Lesley Strawderman, “Improving Industrial Engineering Career Efficacy Through Introductory Course Design.”
2009 – IE Division Best Paper Award:
- Terri Lynch-Caris and Daniel Ludwigsen, “Integrating Student Experience into the Classroom.”
2008 – IE Division Best Paper Award:
- Dale Masel and Arun Nambiar, “Teaching Concepts of Lean Manufacturing Through A Hands-On Laboratory Course.”
2006 – New IE Educator Outstanding Paper Award:
- Terri Lynch-Caris and Nicole LaRocque, “Integrating Physical Fitness Research Into the Ergonomics Classroom,” presented at the 2005 ASEE Annual Conference.
2006 – IE Division Best Paper Award 1st place:
- David H. Hartmann , “A Methodological Approach to Developing Stakeholder Defined Demand-Pull Requirements for Graduate-Level Industrial Engineering Graduates,” presented at the 2005 ASEE Annual Conference.
2006 – IE Division Best Paper Award 2nd place:
- Marlin Thomas, “Homeland Security and the IE Curriculum,” presented at the 2005 ASEE Annual Conference
2005 – IE Division Best Paper Award 1st place:
- Bryan A. Norman, Mary Besterfield Sacre, Bopaya Bidanda, Kim LaScola Needy, and Jayant Rajgopal, “A Conceptual Model for Integrating and Synthesizing the Industrial Engineering Curriculum,” presented at the 2004 ASEE Annual Conference.
2004 – IE Division Best Paper Award 1st place:
- Sharon A. Johnson, Arthur Gerstenfeld, Amy Z. Zeng, Boris Ramos, and Saumitra Mishra, “Teaching Lean Process Design Using a Discovery Approach,” presented at the 2003 ASEE Annual Conference.
2004 – IE Division Best Paper Award 2nd place:
- Emory W. Zimmers, Jr., Gregory L. Tonkay, and Edmund O. Goll, “Introducing Freshmen to the Field of Industrial Engineering Through the Use of Collaborative Project Experiences,” presented at the 2003 ASEE Annual Conference